Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Art and Identity: The Museum of Modern Art

It was a great experience to go to museums. Before the field trip, I thought that art was belonging to an elegant category that I would never understand. However, this trip changed my mind. All living creature has method of communication what we call is Art, and the artworks in the MoMa really attract my attention. I was lost in the world of art.

Individual identity: The first artwork that fascinated me was called Patch  On The  Earth, which is draw by Yoshitomo Nara. In the picture, there is a little girl stand in the earth lonely. In addition, her expression that seems very confused and sad doesn’t resemble common children. I keep wonder what she is looking for. Her families or her dream? The whole picture gives me a sense of sorrow. Maybe, I mean that maybe the artist was seeking his childhood.


History identity: The second artwork caught my eyes was named Wall Wailing, made by Marlene Dumas. I was shocked by this picture. There are two soldiers carrying guns. They seem to search people rudely and inhumanely, and all of people face the wall and raise their hands against the wall. Nobody dare to fight against these two soldiers and all of them keep silent. The artist paints the most of picture with black and light yellow-green, and it make people despair and heavy. As the title stated, it looks like that people are facing the wall and wail for their Miserable life.


Culture identity: There is one more artwork that draws my attention. Its name is Japanese Culture of the Postwar Year 1945-1995. This picture is about the second war and reconstruction. On the top of the picture, we can see a crying soldier, and there is also a woman in tears. These all show that people and country were injured by the war. However, the middle of the painting is that many hands hold together. It implies that Japanese get united and go over the trouble. It perfectly shows the culture of Japan.
·     
    Art is fascinating and attractive no matter whether you know art or not. I had a good time at museum. I can feel that every artist use their heart and soul to complete their artwork. I think I would cherish every art from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment