Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chelsea Galleries Reaction

The streets seem to be lined with art galleries and many building have multiple floors of galleries. Chelsea art district is one of the most important and influential art districts in the world, and many tourists add it on the list that should be visited in New York. The art works exhibited in the galleries are planning to sell. When I visited the galleries, I found one work I like and will be happy to buy it. In addition, I found one work I don’t like.

First and foremost, I intend to introduce the art I like.  I found it in the Tanya Bonakdar Gallery. The art works displayed at that day were all made of wool yarn.  The art work shows in the following picture is my favorite.  He makes use of wool yarn to form a passageway that is very colorful. In addition, he suspends some little bells and shells at the end of fabrics. When people pass through, it will produce a sound that is pleasant to hear. If I have enough money, I will buy and hang it right behind the entrance.
 


Gallery: Tanya Bonakdar Gallery
Location: 521 West 21st St.
Artist(s) on Display: Ernesto Neto
However, there was one work that I would never buy and set up it in my house. It was found in Barbara Gladstone Gallery. It was made from concretes. The reason that I don’t like it is its color and volume. The artist did not put any color to his art except gray that are nature color of concretes. Personally, I prefer colorful art. Second, it took too much space.  My house is not very big. If I put it in my house, it will be inconvenient for my families to come and go. Although I believe that it is a good work, it is unsuitable for my house.

Gallery: Barbara Gladstone Gallery
Location: 515 West 24th St.
Artist(s) on Display: Anish Kapoor
Every art work I saw was special and fantastic; I know that artists throw themselves into the artwork. I had an enjoyable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment